Question
Posted by: sandy | 2008-11-05

jack russel

is it fine to give my puppy a bath every 2nd or 3rd day
reason being he sleeps wid me on the bed he plays out side
so i hus want him to be clean before he sleeps on the bed

Dear Sandy

If you want to use a shampoo that often use Pyoderma or Pyostat. I would rather just rinse him off with water. The coat can get a bit dry if you do it that often. Tell your husband he should not be satisfied with second best. Get the dog his own bed.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2008-11-05

No, it' s not fine. You will be removing all the natural oils from the puppy' s coat. Just brushing him with a soft brush should be adequate - if that' s too dirty for you, then rather let him sleep in a basket nearby, which is in any case better for the puppy in various ways.

Reply to Chill