Question
Posted by: jenny Kidson | 2010-03-23

J

I would like to know if osteoporosis can cause joint pain. I have pain in both wrists. I battle to pick up things and to write. I have osteo in my back and I am currently on taking Osteobon once a week. I walk and i do Tai-Bo.
Please help.

Thanks Jenny

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Jenny,
Osteoporosis is often called the "silent disease." That's because most of the time, bone loss occurs without any symptoms at all. But when osteoporosis becomes severe, it can lead to fractures. This pain is usually more severe than the typical "aches and pains" many people feel as they get older. I would advise you stop any aggravating activities such as Tai-Bo and consult your Medical Doctor.

1
Posted by: osteopath | 2010-03-23

Hello Jenny,

Reply to osteopath