Question
Posted by: Nash | 2009-02-05

IVF with ICSI

Ok I went for the egg aspiration yesterday, they got 5 mature eggs which they did ICSI with. When I called this morning they said 3 are looking really good, the other two are not fertilized as yet.

Now I don’  t understand aren’  t they already fertilized with ICSI?

I must say that I am rather despondent today. I thought there would have been more to work with seeing I had 12 Follicles.

What are the chances of those Embries making it to Blasts?

Dear Nash

With the procedure of ICSI the eggs are not fertilized already the sperm is just directly injected into the oocyte but fertilization will still need to take place. I would be unable to tell you the chances of your embryos making it to blastocyst stage without looking at the actual quality of the embryos.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo