Posted by: MICHELLE | 2009-06-05

ivf using eggdonor

I am 41yrs,my friend is donating me her eggs.The dr put her on minulette for 3weeks &  she had her period being on minulette,Dr put me on estrapause to synchronise mine with hers she had to stop on minulette on 31/05.She went for a scan &  eastrogen was 322 She already had an egg so they did not start stimulation.She now must go on the 19/06 starting lucrin &  then after her period they will start stimulation.I have now off estrapause &  on provera.Dr says need to thin down the lining &  start off fresh.Please let me know if we are doing the right thing.Thank you.

Dear Michelle

It appears that you are both following a reasonable protocol and I suggest that you follow the instructions of the fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Dee | 2009-06-10

Your friend should have started with the Lucrin whilst she was on the pill. Otherwise she must scan on Day 2 of her cycle to start the stims, its very unlikely that she would have had an egg on Day 2 already. A estrogen of over 300 indicates ovulation is near so this could not have been taken on Day 2.

As for you, you must get a period first and then start with the estrapause again to build the lining. You will also need a Lucrin depot injection before you get your next period.

Reply to Dee

I hope this will help. I was an eg donor myself, please chat to the staff at Medfem clinic, they' re wonderful helpful people and can answer your questions accordingly. Just ask to speak to one of the nurse co-ordinators and they' ll explain and put your mind at ease. Im sure they wouldn' t mind, if you don' t get any answers here of course.