Posted by: Jay | 2009-02-03

IVF Protocol

I have tried 3 ivfs that have failed, we are trying IVF due to husband low sperm count. AFter 3rd attempt which ended in chemical pregnancy FS asked that we do a PCR of Y chromosome on HUBBY and it came out that 3% has Y Deletions but this was done on blood not on Sperm. Does it mean the on sperm will be higher. we are trying again but the lady that handles the dates told me that I start injections on 16/02 which is day 21, then I see FS only on 15 march. That is way after the ovulation time then I go for egg retrieval on 27 march but I started my cyle on 27 jan which means that I start my cycle again more or less 27 march. The lady at the Clinic insisted that this is the way they normally do this but this is not what happened in my other cycles. She is adamant that the drugs take over. Am I making too much of this as I think I am been made a fool of by the clinic. I will make appointment with FS. Please advise me.

Dear Jay

I do not think that you are making too much of this and I will certainly advise you to see your fertility specialist as the dates you are giving me would mean that you’ll be seeing him almost 15-16 days of injections for the first visit/ultrasound and by this time the follicle may have grown too big to allow for aspiration to occur so I strongly suggest that you see your fertility specialist as soon as possible to correct the dates for your cycle.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo

Posted by: Dee | 2009-02-10

They are doing the long protocol withj you that starts on day 21 of your previous cycle. The injection will be Lucrin. I think you are confusing this with the stim meds which is Menopur?

Reply to Dee