Question
Posted by: linki | 2011/01/10

IVF or IUI

My husband had a vasectomy and I have never tried to get pregnant, so I don''t know wether I am infertile or not. we are planning on having a baby soon. Which procedure would be more cost-effective and successfull in our situation?

Dear Linki

The option of IUI would require reversal of vasectomy as a preliminary step. The majority of vasectomy reversal will result in sperm quality, which is totally inadequate for IUI purposes, and therefore this option is probably best avoided. The alternative of IVF is more successful and more cost effective in the long term, although sperm retrieval by surgical means is sill necessary, but the process is far simpler and less invasive the vasectomy reversal.
Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/01/14

Dear Linki

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert