Question
Posted by: Taye | 2011/06/07

IVF for 2nd time

Our first try at IVF was successful &  we had a baby this year. We still have frozen embryos. How soon can one try again after birth? Are chances better of a succesful pregnancy with a 2nd ivf, if the 1st one was a success?

What injectables would one take just to prepare for implantation &  what is the approximate cost for these injectables?

Dear Taye

The best time to try is once you stopped breast-feeding, if you have stopped breast-feeding then you can go ahead and try now as you have delivered a few months ago already. You chances will really be better after a successful pregnancy, your chances will be similar had you fallen pregnant or not. You got to bear in mind that a frozen embryo cycle success rate is much less than a fresh embryo cycle success rate. There are different ways to prepare for implantation and I suggest you see your fertility specialist and he will discuss the different methods and cost available of frozen embryo transfer. These cost will differ depending on the methods being used and will also differ from one clinic to another.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/06/13

Dear Taye

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011/06/08

Hi there Melody... how long have you been trying to conceive, if I may ask?

Reply to Bee-Bee
Posted by: melody | 2011/06/07

if i may ask what did the first IVF cost you and where did you do it cause at the moment me and my husband we are trying any possiable ways to be parents .

Reply to melody