Question
Posted by: Smiley | 2010/02/10

IVF COSTS - re post 625

Doc, i have been through the Bio Art site several times - and there are no indication of treatment costs anywhere.

Please put up the treatment costs on the site. Thank you.

Dear Smiley

The reason as to why there are no indications of treatment costs are readily available is that costs varies depending on different factors. There are many ways in which IVF cycles can be started some of which being Natural cycle, Clomid cycle or Gonadotropin induced follicular development. There is also the use of GnRH analogues and al of these drugs would change the prices of in-vitro fertilization cycles. The costs of IVF cycles would generally range between R15 000 to R30 000. if however high doses of medication are used for prolonged periods of time costs may increase further.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

5
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/02/16

Dear Smiley

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Ndumo | 2010/02/15

Went to Bioart last year for ICSI and I paid R28 500 excluding Progesterone, Anti Biotics. Budget at least R32 000.

Reply to Ndumo
Posted by: Smiley | 2010/02/14

Thanks Ladies.

Reply to Smiley
Posted by: Pally | 2010/02/14

I live in Bloem and we paid R22k at Fermspec.

Reply to Pally
Posted by: S | 2010/02/14

Hi. I' m from Durbs, but i guess all IVF treatments cost round about the same price. Mine cost about R37 000. All depends on how your body responds and whether you' ll need more meds.

Reply to S