Question
Posted by: Mary | 2009-12-05

IVF and Menstruation

Dear Doc. I started IVF on 25th of this month. The problem is my period was meant to start this past Wed and it hasn' t yet - it is now Saturday. What should I do? I am on 10 units of Lucrin dasily. My periods were always right on time . I did IVF a while ago and had to have D and C on 30 Sept. My period arrived 5 weeks later, so on day 21 I started this IVF cycle. What could be the problem? Thank you so much.

Dear Mary

The fist point of importance is to exclude a pregnancy. Should this be negative then you would need to perform an ultrasound scan to exclude and ovarian cyst, which is a likely possibility. Should a cyst be detected this is easily managed while you still on Lucrin using oral medication. Once the hormone levels and cyst resolves the menstruation will follow and you can continue with your IVF cycle.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009-12-09

Dear Mary

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert