Posted by: vidi | 2008-12-12

IVF and Hiv

Good day docs.
I 1st want to say Im and HIV+ female , 27years old my husband in negative. I underwent IVF(tubal blockage) in november which was unsuccessfull( period arrived 7days after ET )..Im on Arv' s (aluvia /Lamzid), and want to know whether there is a link between HIV and Infertilty and are there any cases where it was proven that IVf failed due to maybe the females status or arv' s.
Im planning on doing another IVf next year and really want to know whether there is any case study done on this regard.

Please note that during the festive season and annual shut down period no questions were attended to. The experts are back and if you are still interested in a response to your post, please re-post the question and it will be attended to promptly.

Kind regards

Dr M.I. Cassim and Dr Y. Dasoo