Question
Posted by: Megan | 2010/06/08

IVF and 2nd period

I am going to be going for IVF treatment and need to go to the clinic on 2nd day of cycle. With spotting a few days before I am battling to tell when the 1st day of my cycle is. Please help

Dear Megan

Sorry for the late reply but it may be helpful to answer this for any future treatment that you may be undertaking. If one is only spotting then you should not regard that as your first day of your period and only when there is a start of a reasonable flow then that is normally considered the first day of the cycle. To try and avoid spotting pre-menstrually it would be advisable to be on an oral contraceptive pill before the commencement of an IVF cycle.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/06/18

Dear Megan

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: A | 2010/06/09

Hi. It will be when your period has started properly.

Reply to A