Posted by: Jenny | 2009-05-28

IVF &  Warfarin

I recently went for IVF treatment, had 8 eggs but all 8 did not make it and apparently of very poor quality. Only one egg got to 4 cell stage and then stopped.

The fertility specialist was unsure when to stop Warfarin and when to start Clexane and asked that I ask the doctor who treated me for the PE and DVT. My doctor informed me to stop Warfarin (and start Clexane) 7 days before aspiration.

I am wondering whether the use of Warfarin could have had any impact on the quality of the eggs? Before making the decision to try IVF for a second time, I would need to make sure that Warfarin is not the cause of this and whether I should not have started Clexane much earlier?

I would really appreciate your opinion.

You would need to post this to the fertility expert.

Anja, low dose aspirin is used for antiphospholipid syndrome.

Posted by: Anja | 2009-05-29

I would like to know the name of the medicine/treatment used for anti-phospholipid syndrome.MY ENQUERY IS VERY URGENT!AS I HAVE AN IVF SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY AND WANT TO ASK MY SPECIALIST PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE.

Reply to Anja