Posted by: baby minded | 2010-04-28

IVF alternatives

My husband and I were told that it''s unlikely that we''ll ever fall pregnant without IVF intervention. We are not able to pursue that right now, but are still hopeful that it may happen naturally. What alternative therapies/strategies/diets are available that may be less well known, but proven to be very effective? We''re not ineterested in the ''stirr your tea to the left for a boy'' variety of fertility advice!

Dear Baby Minded

It would be very difficult to give you advise without fully understanding why you were told that it is highly unlikely that you will ever fall pregnant without IVF. Kindly indicate all the investigations that have been undertaken and the results thereof and then I may be able to give you some advise to different therapies other than IVF.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Kijo | 2010-04-28

I think if it is a doctor who advised you that your only option is IVF then thats what it means. Check out Bio Art clinic. they are having a special now for almost half the normal price and do it. It also depends on the reasons why the doc said you are unlikely to conceive naturally. if it is coz of fallopian tubes that are badly damaged and/or blocked then IVF is the only option. if its you hubby''s sperm then artificial insemination can help, i.e if you are ovulation and everything else is ok. i aint a doc just assisting. Had an HSG and both my tubes are blocked. am having laparoscopy surgery to try and open them but that will depend on the extent of the damage otherwise ivf. so only you know the reason for not conceiving, if its something that can be fixed then go ahead. i could not believe it when i was told my tubes are closed coz i have a kid i conceived and delivered naturally but after two years of ovulation kits and sex timing, chinese herbs and accupuncture, etc and still nothing, it has sunk that i have to do either laparoscopy or ivf if i want to have that baby. Good luck in whatever you do!

Reply to Kijo