Question
Posted by: Jess | 2012/08/03

IVF

Dear Dr.
I will be going for my 2nd IVF in September as my 1st one failed. Only 2 small folicles grew and my FS suggested that i rather abandon the cycle and put me on Diandron. Am am 41 years old and my youngest is16 years old. I have not had any fertility problems before this. I want to know whether there are anything else i could take to better my chances and if the Diandron is a good tablet to be on. Also my last 3 menstrual cycles have been rather weird, i.e. i spot the first 2 days and the flow only really starts on the 3rd day. should i be concerned?

Dear jess
Diandrone or DHEA has been used to try and develop better follicular stimulation in patients with poor response. Most of the studies have shown that it has not been proven to make a difference in improving ones outcome. However there is no major side effects and because you had such a poor response earlier you may as well give it a try and see if it makes a difference in your particular case. The other option to improve your chances is to use a higher dose stimulatory medication and maybe a different group of medication to stimulate the ovary. Your concern about premenstrual spotting may not be relevant but it is important to see your fertility specialist for a scan and have an ultra sound done before commencing your next IVF cycle.
Answered by Dr.Y.M Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012/08/17

Dear jess
Answered by Dr.Y.M Dasoo

Reply to Fertility Expert