Question
Posted by: candy | 2008/07/18

IVF

I' ve just undergone an IVF in Pretoria, a day ago, and realy need this to work since it is the third attempt. What shoul or should avoid.

Dear Candy

If the nature of your work is office based then there should be no real problems except for the avoidance of lifting heavy objects. However strenuous physical activity or manual labour should be best avoided in the first week post embryo transfer. This is mainly to protect the ovaries from trauma and tortion and not necessarily for better embryo implantation per say.

Answered by: Dr.M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Candy | 2008/07/22

It costs much depending on the Specialist. Around R20 000.00. Pretoria Academic is the government hospital and its cheaper. The most expensive thing is the medication which it does not cover by the medical aid. It will cost you around R8 000.00.

Reply to Candy
Posted by: pat | 2008/07/20

Hi candy

Can i ask how much IVF costs please, as i would also like to have this done. Does your gynae do it, or do you have to go to a special clinic? Thank you and good luck!!

Reply to pat