Question
Posted by: Bee | 2012/01/24

IUF &  EFS

Hi there Doc,

Thank you for the reply.

What are the signs and symptoms of the above syndromes? I don''t seem to get a lot of info on the internet.

Thank you.

Dear Bee

Unfortunately there are very few if any clinical symptoms or signs of both theses conditions. Even if certain hormonal and biochemical tests are done they may come up as normal. The main difference is the fact that the egg is physical not present in the follicle or is physical not released from the follicle and this is not easily detected other then by ultrasound scan or by in-vitro laboratory assessment.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim