Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2009-11-19

IUD Contraceptive

My twins are 5 months old now and I am just finished with my 3rd packet of Yasmin. However I feel that this gives me alot of headaches, I am a bit emotional ever since I started taking it and i did gain about 4 kilos in 2 months. I got a subscription for Yaz now but worried that this may have the same effect. What other options is available. What is the possibility of a IUD - maybe the one without the hormones.

I should mention that we might want to have 1 more child in about 2 years time. Hopefully not twins again :-)

Kind Regards

Hallo Concerned
If hormonal contraceptive tablets give side effects the IUD is a definite option. The Mirena (IUD with progesterone) only works locally in the womb and is a good option but expensive. A normal IUD without the hormones is also very effective.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-19

Hallo Concerned

Reply to cyberdoc