Question
Posted by: Pinki | 2011/01/26

IUD Bleeding

Hi Doc,

I had my copper IUD inserted on 18th August 2010, my periods have been irregular since then. The last day of my period was 12 January 2011, i had sexual intercourse during the past weekend and have been bleeding since sunday(23Jan) and the bleeding is wont stop,i called my gynae and he said there''s nothing to worry about, but i''m scared cause the bleeding is heavy. What could be the cause of this?

It could be that you have picked up an infection. The IUCD can make periods heavier but they should not be irregular. I would suggest that you contact your gynae again.

1