Question
Posted by: Chants | 2009-07-27

IUD

Hi Gynae Doc,

I recently went for the Mirena IUD, i was in so much pain for days on end, I called up the Gynae, she faxed through a perscription for some Anti-Biotics. The pain was much better, i get the period pains every now and then and when it is cold, but for more than a month now i have not stopped bleeding once, my fear is that they will have to take it out-i will have to sit with that same pain- mind you i have a huge fear for ever giving birth because of the pain.. and secondly it cost alot of money to have the device put in. Please advise.

Regards,

Irregular spotting is one of the side effects of the Mirena. This can go on for several months. It is worth persisting for longer.