Question
Posted by: CV | 2009-03-24

Its not working

Good Day.
I don' t know if it could possibly be due to the fact that i had the sterilization Op in June last year and i now no longer take the pill.
Iam 1.69 and weight 96 i would say im big built as i wear a size 8 shoe. O im 36 years old, 2 kids both C sections.
I eat a balanced diet , museli and fat free youghurt for BFAST
provita and cottage cheese for LUNCH and chicken grilled with baked potaote (no butter ) and veggies for SUPPER.
Snacks are fruit , small yoghurt , maybe popcorn.
My problem is night time snacks , occassionally a SMALL bowl if icecream, or blk tea no sugar and a biscuit or 2. somenights maybe 2 blocks of chocolate.

I don' t drink milk or sugar in my coffee or tea. I' ve given up alcohol and bread for the past 4 weeks............. BUT STILL NOTHING.
When i was younger i took alot of slimming aids ( tonics and diet pills)
My exercise is NIL at the moment altho i have a elliptical trainer at home.... i guess im LAZY.

Please advice what i can do.
CV

Dear CV
Your present BMI = 33,6 which is in the obese category. It would be good if you could lose some weight, for example reducing down to 83 kg would shift your BMI into the overweight category and be a great improvement. Some women do tend to gain weight when they stop taking the pill, while others lose weight - this is an individual reaction. Your diet should be producing results, so if is possible that your use of slimming aids may have upset your metabolism. At this point I would recommend that you try to get as active as possible. Use the elliptical trainer, or rather start going for brisk walks or skip for 30 min a day. This type of aerobic exercise will help to stimulate your metabolism. If the combination of 30 min of exercise every day and the diet you list still do not produce any results after another month, it may be a good idea to have your hormone levels tested (thyroid, female hormone and insulin) to see if an imbalance is hampering your weightloss.
Get active ASAP