Question
Posted by: Randy | 2009-05-28

its not fair

I am a 30 year old lady, my life has been rough when i was small my parents died at an early age as 12 and my brother and sister had to fend for me. Growing up not accepting death at first things became difficult. I used men in such a way because i was molested. i dealt with it. i started using guys and wanted to hurt them back by having sex with them. i dealt with it spoke to a psychologist. But now i have trouble with boyfriends. Always choose the wrong ones. The controling ones. i dealt with it. But now i have a problem of not finding the right men. i am what you might want to call (dum). Guys dont fall for girls that are stupid anymore. They want intelligence. Most of the guys that fall for me is intelligent because of my body but then get tired because they cant hold a conversation with me. i tried ways to sharpen my mind but worthless. I have run tired of looking for the right one. my time is running out. what can i do . i cant help it for my stupidity. i am born this way. Pls help me.

YOu have had a though life and have survived relatively well, with much to be proud of. Sounds like you made some progress with the first psychologist you met, but have some further unfinished business to deal with regarding relationships. And I'd suggest seeking out CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) as the variety of counselling --- you have a needlessl and inaccurately low self-image. You are not stupid. You were not born that way, and are not made that way. You are intelligent but don't appreciate or recognize your gifts. I don't believe that you can't hold a conversation --- but men may be put off by your low sense of self-worth, which may lead you to give up before you get anywhere worth getting ti.

3
Posted by: horrors | 2009-05-28

Who on this planet told you that you' re stupid?!?
That doesn' t exist, except in your mind.
We all have unique gifts and talents. use yours! And no, it' s not just your body by the way.
The worst thing to do would be to try to be someone you' re not. Just love you for you, then others can do the same. But my friend unless you love you, no-one else will.
Smile a megawatt smile and hold your head up high wherever you go - you may not be able to discuss metaphysics but guess what... not many humans can anyway, so blah!
Be kind to yourself, you deserve to be here and HAVE FUN and LOVE and just because you are here, it makes for a much better world!
Welcome to reality... mwah !!

Reply to horrors

your not stupid.....why not read more improve your general knowledge about the world we live in, this should make interesting conversation ...

You need to stop putting yourself down. You are not stupid. You are you and you will find someone who will love you for who you are and not what you look like.

Believe more in yourself and you will see things will get better. Many people avoid people who put themselves down all the time as they see it as attention seeking (I know its not).

Look in the mirror and tell yourself you perfect the way you are and to hell with everyone else.