Question
Posted by: boo | 2009-01-20

its me again

Hi doc its me again .They found out about my dizziness it was a blob of wax lodged deep in my ear causing an imbalance because my new gp who is clued up and hot lol tried to syringe it and i went totally dizzy and nauseas so atleast I found the cause my next question is rather weird I have a history of allergies I know of this black guy who died of stevens johnson syndrome and was 2 weeks in hospital etc it was terrible I now have this sudden fear because Im taking quite abit of meds at the momment anxiety meds that is why am I feeling this way ?I am a 21year old guy my new hot gp thinks I need to focus on life and not such things but its hard to as I am just getting over my anxieties this strikes but Im not handling it well, I am having a fear of Stevens Johnsons its absurd and you probably the only person I have told!

Aha ! I had thought of that, but forgot to mention it. a VERY SIMPLE cause, often overlooked --- and it could explain the dizziness being worse when exercising, as that may have moved the wax blob. Hope it has now been syringed out. KUdos to the alert GP !
NOw, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome --- yes, very nasty, but very rare --- one is more likely ( much more ) to get run over by a bus. COuld it be that youn have a degree of Hypochondriasis ? Nothing to be ashamed of, but a surprisingly common in intelligent and imaginative people who are intellectually under-occupied, and focus on symptoms they experience. In fact, studies show that almost everyone, at any time, is experiencing at least one or more symptoms, usually insigiifncant and safely ignored. But if you look for it, you;'ll find one. The when one grows anxious about it, that amplifies whatever the symptoms is, and one naturally gets more worried. A variation is called Medical Students Disease. As they learn more of the many ways in which the body can go wrong, many medical students develop several fatal illnesses before they graduate.
Seeing someone for CBT. Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy which could help you gain control over the worries, so as to keep them ion proportion and save the effort for the rare occasions when you really benefit from worrying about something