Posted by: Kate | 2012-01-27

Its Hard

I find it really hard to wake up in the morning.
Seriously really really hard, I snooze about 10 times every morning and therefore I set my alarm to go off earlier because I know what I''m going to do in the morning.

I am just so unmotivated and all these negative thoughts start.
Its been like this for the last 2yrs, before that, no problem at all.
I''m up in a flash and excited to go to work.
I hate my job and all I can think about it ''do I really have to go there today''
15mins after I''m up then I''m totally fine.
Its so bad I sometimes lay in bed thinking of killing myself. (Yes, just because I have to get up) but as I said when I''m up, I''m fine.

What on earth can I do to stop this!?

Eish. At some imes in my life I also found it hard to wake up in time in the mornings. As I grew olde it was less of a problem, and my cat makes sure I wake if she gets hungry.
No kidding, but I read the Gadget Shop has an alarm clock that allows you one snooze, then hops off the bedside table and roams the bedroom, ringing, so you have to get up to swtich it off.
Your odd feelings of dislike for your job are obviously relevant ( odd because you say you feel fine once you've got there ) -- CBT counselling could help to sort out your unhelpful assumptions about all this.
Thinking of killing yourself because you feel reluctant t get up does sound awfully extreme. Do discuss this with your counsellor

Posted by: Anri | 2012-01-27

Try the following. Put your clock radio out of your reach. When it is time to wake up, you have to stand up to switch it off.
In the mornings well you are getting ready for work, play music that you like. This will put you in a different spirit.
If you really can''t change your mindset about your work, it is maybe time to look around. Or maybe have a discussion with your teamleader to make your job profile more challenging. For me it is important to set a high standard for yourself, if there is retrenchments they must not find a reason to get rid of you.
Get back your passion.

Reply to Anri
Posted by: janis joplin | 2012-01-27

move down to the southcoast

Reply to janis joplin
Posted by: Anon | 2012-01-27

Find another job

Posted by: C | 2012-01-27

Learn to love the things you hate :)

Reply to C