Question
Posted by: Sebs | 2009/03/15

ITP

Hi all i have been diagnosed with ITP in 2005 then i did sugery called Splanitomy removing my splin because the Doctor" s suspected that my splin might the one destroying my platelets. Recent y i was admitted in Hospital complaining from Abdominal pain and foud out that my platelets were at 19. What i would like to know is should i be worried when my platelets are that low and is there any symptons related to the platelets being low?. And what are the sign" s that i should look for in order to see that my platelets are low besides bleeding?.

Sebs

ITP is a complex disease. Please refer to the following link for a detailed understanding: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiopathic_thrombocytopenic_purpura

Kind regards