Posted by: Yvonne | 2011-09-16

Item 1129 Palpitation

Dear Dr Anrich, Thank you for your speedy response to my earlier query. For two days now I stopped the daily exercise and now on the third day the palpitations seemed to have stopped as well.
What my concern is can I do damage to the heart if I have a viral infection and exercise with it. As I went down with a cold/flu inbetween my two courses of antibiotics and my body is still aching all over.
Why I think I may have a viral infection because it feels as though a fever blister keeps wanting to break out on my lip and I just keep putting ice on to stop it.
Is it necessary to go see my GP or should I just ride out the infection. I was seeing an ENT for the Sinus.

The best treatment will be bedrest and taking in a lot of fluids until you feel normal/healthy again. Exercise while having a viral infection can cause severe damage to the heart, i.e. viral myocarditis.