Posted by: Angel | 2009-08-31

Itchy Throat &  Sore Lung

Hi Doc, since Saturday I' ve had an itchy throat causing coughing, but my right lung is sore when I cough (thanks to itchy throat). My cough is also a wet cough. I' ve been quite tired, body aches, sensitive skin. I' m not going to panic and assume it' s swine flu because I don' t feel fluey (sore throat, fever, blocked/ runny nose) but I would like to know what it could possibley be? I have been taking Viral Choice and Alcophyllex but it doesn' t seem to help.

Dear Angel
You may have a viral infection of the airways and maybe even a bit of bronchitis - if you don't have a fever of over 38 degrees, it is unlikely to be swine flu. If the phlegm you cough up is yellow/green rather get antibiotics from your GP