Question
Posted by: Concerned mom | 2010/05/27

Itchy swollen hands and feet

My daughter is17 and wrote her June exams. The past few days she had swollen fingers and toes ...... red and itchy. It is also painful when she writes. She tried to pick up someting and it fell out of her hands. Her wrist would also swell up at times not sure what the little bone on your wrist is called.Toes and under the feet would also swell up. Could this be stress related or winter fingers keeping in mind that it was not very could when this symptoms started.Please could you assist.
Many thanks

Hallo Concerned mom
It sounds like winter fingers but I agree, it wasn't cold enough for this (unless the exam hall was very cold early in the mornings) It could also be inflammation of the small joints due to an underlying viral infection. You can try Nicotinamide or flush free Niacin (both vit B's) to increase circulation in her hands and feet and an anti-inflammatory like Mypaid, but if she has any symptoms like fever, red swollen joints and is generally feeling unwell, she needs to see her doctor for a full examination and possibly blood tests.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: reader | 2010/05/27

I had the same thing about 2 weeks ago...it drove me nearly crazy....the doc gave me a cortazone(sorry for spelling) injection and it was fixed by the second day...the injection was very sore though

Reply to reader
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/27

Hallo Concerned mom
dr Bets