Question
Posted by: Motlalentwa | 2012-11-15

Itchy Skin &  rash

I am having a dry skin that is very itchy and develops a rash, I have been using repivate for the past two years and its the only thing for now that takes the rash itching away. The problem is I am developing white blemishes on my skin, can this be caused by the continuos use of repivate. I am staying in the Northern Cape and cannot find a dematologist anywhere in this province

Motlalentwa

Yes, the white blemishes can be due to chronic Repivate use or due to your dry skin condition. I suggest that you consult your GP for a referral to a dermatologist. Ask your GP to do blood tests, to determine if you have an allergic dermatitis or if your condition is due eczema. You might benefit from using an antihistamine.