Question
Posted by: Frances | 2010/06/29

Itchy skin

My husband has very itchy patches on his lower legs. The itch is not constant but when it happens, it is intense. I suggested a soap for scabies as this is what it looks like. He has started using the soap but it is not clearing up although he says there is an improvement. Is there any other over the counter treatment which he can try before consulting a doctor.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Frances

When suspecting Scabies buy some Benzoyl Benzoate lotion and some TETMOSOL soap from your pharmacy. Aplly the lotion widely over the affected areas or even over the whole body and leave it on overnight. Wash of in the morning and use the Tetmosol soap for next 7 days.

He can use an oral antihistamine or topical hydrocortisone cream for symptomatic relief.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/06/30

Hi Frances

Reply to pharmacist