Posted by: Peaches | 2012-07-11

Itchy Scalp

Hi Doc,

I am suffering from an itchy scalp this winter. I used to wash my hair every day, with the same shampoo, and then blow dry it. I have since changed this to every second day in the hope that it will not be as itchy, but to no avail. I have also changed shampoo brands, but this did not work. At the moment, I am using an anti-dandruff shampoo. I now have bumps on my scalp from the itching. Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you for your time.

You will have to consult your doctor for an examination and a prescription for Betnovate scalp application ointment. It is possible that you have some form of eczema affecting your scalp but your doctor will have to physically examine your scalp and make a proper diagnosis.