Posted by: Ninin | 2009-03-31

Itchy scalp

Hi Doc! Every now and again, for the past few years, I get a rash on my scalp. Small red bumps that itch like crazy. I usually change my shampoo, and then it goes away. I' ve been using VO5 shampoo for sensitive and itchy scalp for about a year now, and have had no rush. Now, all of a sudden, it is back, worse than ever.
I don' t know what to do. I asked about medicated shampoos at the pharmacy, but apparently those are only for dandruff. My pharmacist says I should go to the doctor, but I really can' t afford a doctor' s visit right now.
What can I try to relieve this? Please help!

Dear N
It sounds as if it could be a dermatitis. You probably need a prescription for Betnovate scalp application so you may need to see a doctor.

Posted by: Ninin | 2009-04-01

Thanks for the feedback Doc, and thanks for that Lize! Will go see my doc...

Reply to Ninin
Posted by: lize | 2009-03-31

Fongitar is a medicated shampoo that was prescribed by my Dermatologist for an itchy rash on my scalp.

Reply to lize