Posted by: The Alien | 2011-03-07

Itchy Rash on Neck and Throat

Hi Doc,

I seem to have developed a rash on ny neck. It is itching and is uncomfotable, especially in the folds of he neck. I developed this 3 weeks ago, and now I have brown lines across my throat where the itch and rash is. It seems to be spreading because I am getting these welts across other parts of my neck. It itches especially at night.

What is it exactly, why have I developed it and what can I do about it?

The Alien

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-08

Posted by: Dr Bets | 2011-03-07

Dear The Alien
It could be a contact dermatitis due to metal (like a chain or something you wore) and it may help to use something like Stopitch cream. If it does not improve with this in 48 hours you should see your GP or a dermatologist for a prescription of cortisone tablets.''

Reply to Dr Bets