Question
Posted by: Simon Willis | 2009/09/03

Itchy Palms

Hi. My son who is nearly 2 years old suddenly woke up one morning with itchy palms and it has stayed the whole day. His palms dont have any bumps or a rash. They are however very red. The only thing that we have done differently is that we recently bought him a new bed and bedding. It could be that but he has was sleeping in the bed for 3 days before the itchy palms started. Any ideas???

Dear Simon
I don't think it is the bedding - may have been something he played with/touched. Try Anthisan cream on the palms. Some viral infections can cause red palms but will also cause fever and runny nose etc