Question
Posted by: ANON | 2010/02/28

ITCHY ON OUTER SKIN OF GENITALIA

DEAR GYNAE,
I AM NOT IN ANY SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP AND HAVENT BEEN FOR YEARS I AM ALSO IN MY LATE 60''S BUT NOW HAVE BEEN HAVING FOR THE LAST YEAR OR SO A TERRIBLE ITCHINESS THAT IS MAKING ME SCRATCH UNTIL I AM GOING CRAZY .IT IS NOT INSIDE MY GENITALS AREA BUT AROUIND THE EDGES NEAR THE TOP END. I HAVE SCRATCHED UNTIL BLOOD IS DRAWN. I HAVE NO DISCHARGE AT ALL AND OTHER THAN AROUND THE TOP EDGE HAVE NO OTHER ITCHINESS ANYWHERE ELSE... OR PROBLEM ,BUT THE ITCHING IS MAKING ME GO CRAZY.IT HAS ALSO FORMED SCABS NOW WHICH HEAL BUT COME BACK AFTER A BOUT OF SCRATCHING.I AM WELL PAST MENOPAUSE TOO.

This could be thrush, though it does not sound like it. It could also be a skin condition. I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist.