Posted by: Ducky | 2011-08-02

Itchy Nipples!

Hi Doc,

I have had seriously itchy nipples for a couple of weeks! It''''s driving me crazy and it''s too painful to scratch.

Please could you let me know what this could be? Is it something serious like breast cancer or am I panicking for nothing?

You should not be concerned that these symptoms are related to breast cancer. I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination of the area around the nipple. It will be a good decision to have a mammogram done to set your mind at ease. Your symptoms can be due to a yeast infection of the skin or due to an allergic dermatitis. Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.

Posted by: Ducky | 2011-08-04

Thanks :o)

Reply to Ducky
Posted by: Clara | 2011-08-02

I had the same about a year ago. Went to the doc and found out it was excema. Go see you doc.

Reply to Clara