Question
Posted by: S.G | 2008-12-11

itchy leg

Good day Doc,

I have recently been experiencing itches (non stop) on certain areas on my legs (left ankle, side of right knee, left shin, and left hamstring). It has become really bad and embarrassing. I am not allergic to anything and my skin is not dry nor are there any rashes in those areas. I am using Stop itch for some relief but its not working. Any ideas what could cause this??? Please help!!

Anonymous

Dear SG
It may be caused by irritation of the nerve that supply that area of the leg if there are no signs of skin disease or irritation. Other "funny" causes of itching are liver infections, jaundice, kidney diseases and some medications. Have your urine tested, and let your doctor check for nerve irritation. Treatment usually depends on the cause of the itciness