Posted by: Bianca | 2012-10-25

Itchy left breast

Hi CyberDoc,

I''ve had an itchy left breast (especially around the nipple area) for the past 3 or 4 weeks. There are no visible changes to my breast and there is rash or redness. There is no discharge or anything like that either. It itches throughout the day, at no particular time. Is this something common, or should I go get it checked out?
I''m female, aged 26 years old.
Thank you.

I suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination. There is a condition known as Paeget's disease, which is a form of cancer, that can present with itchiness of the nipple and breast. It might merely be a form of localised eczema but I rather suggest that you have your breast examined.