Question
Posted by: Christine | 2012/09/20

Itchy hands

Good afternoon Doc. I have been smoke free now for 6 months thanks to Champix. However i am experiencing very itchy skin especially in both my palms. Somtimes my hands are itchy and very hot. Are these also symtoms of nicotine withdrawal or could it be something else. I started experiencing these symtoms about 3 months ago. Are these symtoms related to smoking?

Thanks Doctor

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Well done on the 6 months - that's a serious mile stone!

Itching is a symptom of nicotine withdrawal, but not usually so long after quitting smoking. There are many possible causes for skin itching, including reaction to certain medications.

As you've experienced this for several months now, you should consult your doctor about it, and about trying a topical cream to ease it.

1
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012/09/21

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice