Posted by: anon | 2009-01-26

Itchy Feet

Hi doc. I just need a little help here. My boyfriend suffers form athletes foot and after years of ignoring it, its quite bad. I wanna get him something for it. He forever scratches it &  its all over his toes. He gets to a point where he scratches his skin off. He complains of it being itchy under as well. I had a look at it but its just like dry irritated skin. What can i get from the pharmacy for itchiness and to make the athletes foot infection go away for good. I feel sorry for him because its very itchy. Is there anything over the counter that i could get?

Thanks for your help

Dear Anon
Get him a prescription for Lamisil cream and treat it properly, especially if it has been going on for years. You can also dust his feet with Mycota powder and put Mycota powder in his shoes.