Question
Posted by: Star | 2011-09-05

Itchy butt crack

Hi there. I think I may have a pilonidal cyst on my butt crack. Its been there foe about 4 weeks or less now. When I try to scratch it it becomes inflamed but moist at the same time, leaving me with little relief. It has become slighty and more vissibly bigger since I first noticed it. At first I thought that it was a little bit of an itch and that it would soon go away on its own. I am worried now and suspect that its a pilonidal cyst according to the location of the itch, its progression and increased inflamation and noticablity especially when i scratch. Please help. I will go and consult a local GP, but till then please, I am in desperate need of advice.

Star

It is really important that you consult your doctor as soon as possible, as surgery is the best option. Please refer to the following link for more details and treatment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilonidal_cyst

Unfortunately, there is no over the counter medication that will alleviate or resolve the cyst.