Question
Posted by: TROUBLESOME | 2009/02/05

ITCHY BLISTERS ON PALMS OF HANDS

HELLO DOCTOR,I AM GETTING LITTLE BLISTERS ON MY HANDS AND FINGERS WHICH ITCH TERRIBLY .I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS IN MY LIFE AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY ... IT GOES AWAY THEN FLARES UP AGAIN.I THINK I MAY HAVE CAUGHT IT IN A PUBLIC PLACE MAYBE FROM PUSHING THOSE TROLLEYS IN SUPERMARKETS IT LOOKS LIKE THE BLISTERS ARE WATER FILLED WITH A DARKER SPOT IN THE CENTRE.HOW DO I GET RID OF IT AND IS THERE AN OINTMENT TO HELP THAT AND ALSO TO STOP THE ITCHING AS IT KEEPS ME AWAKE AT NIGHT AND THE FOLLOWING DAY MY PALMS ARE EXTREMELY RED FROM SCRATCHING AND THEY BECOME PAPERY LOOKING AND DRY THEREAFTER.AFTER A FEW WEEKS IT FLARES UP AGAIN.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN SUGGEST.

Hi Troublesome
I think this could be an allergy or eczema - Try Stopitch cream twice a day for a week. Use UEA cream after each handwash to keep the skin soft and avoid any harsh chemicals on the skin ( use plastic gloves for washing dishes etc)