Question
Posted by: Ticks | 2011-06-13

Itchy &  Scratcy

Good morning

I have been diagnosed with (sp) linchen Schleroses some time ago. It seems that I have a constant vaginal infection going with this. I have been usin Guya guard to wash (no soap) and sporadically Flusol, but nothing seems to help. It is very itchy and has a huge effect on my sex life. I try not to scratch as I know what the consequinces of that is, but it is very uncomfortable. Please give some advise. i am not on a medical aid and cannot afford to experiment with different products.

You should not be experimenting on your own. The usual treatment for lichen sclerosis is a high potency cortisone cream which will need to be prescribed and monitored by your doctor.

4
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-06-14

Posted by: Ticks | 2011-06-13

Thank you for the feedback. I have used Gyno-Daktarin but it only worked for a short period. My gynae advised that I do not use this for long periods as well as it is not very good to use to long. Vixen, I only shower, making this very difficult. When I do get in the bath, my 3 year old screems blue murder to join me, thus, to keep the peace, I shower

Reply to Ticks
Posted by: Vixen | 2011-06-13

Hi Ticks, I don''t know if your infection is more on the outside or inside. But I usually get it on the outside. What I do is to put a capsule of probiflora in the vaginal cream, take the content out of the capsule and mix with cream, and the put it on the affected area. I also put two drops of tea tree oil in my bath water, this help against infections. But do not over do tea tree oil as it is very strong. Hope you can find some relieve with this.

Reply to Vixen
Posted by: PJ | 2011-06-13

TRY KETAZOL TABLETS (SCRIPT NEEDED) AND GYNO-DAKTARIN COMBI-PAK (I HAD THRUSH FOR SEVERAL MONTHS &  THIS IS THE ONLY STUFF THAT WORKED)

Reply to PJ