Question
Posted by: Judie | 2011/02/17

Itchy &  nausea

Dear Doc,
I find that my body skin is very itchy, not the whole day, just sometimes, and sometimes during te day I feel nauseous, just a feeling that comes and go. I drink every morning after breakfast a Multi-Vitamin and I use folic acid as well as I am getting myself ready for conceiving. Would the iron in it maybe the cause of the nauseous feeling. Is it true that to much iron gives you an appetite, and then you eat to much. Well, I have gained weight +-4kilos in 5 months time. I am not sure why I feel itchy everywhere. Your advise is appreciated.
Thank you.

Hallo Judie
Iron can cause nausea and stomach irritation. You won't pick up weight from iron in a multivitamin supplement. The itchiness could be due to an allergy or due to kidney or liver disease. Please see your GP as the weight gain could be due to water retention, and he may need to do some blood tests to check liver and kidney function.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/18

Hallo Judie