Posted by: Thembi | 2009-02-12

I have been with this guy for a year now. When we have unprotected sex sometimes my vagina gets really itchy afterwards. It goes on for some days. I also have a discharge that smells, but no rash. I haven`t been to the doctor but i have used bicarbonate of soda in my bathing water and ate herbs. It went away. My bf didn`t have any of that problem. Can it be an STI?

Dear Thembi
Yes it can - men don't always have symptoms outside if they have an STD. I think you should go for a papsmear and gyne examination and if you have a candida infection, your boyfriend should be treated at the same time, otherwise you can infect each other. Best would still be to use a condom to avoid STD's.