Question
Posted by: Ellen | 2010/04/23

Itching skin around the eyes

I have lupus and have bee experiencing alot of itching around the my eyes. I am scratching the area alot as well and now the area has become very sensitive and red.

I have made an appointment to see my dermatologist and they gave me a later date ( May 21st). Is there anything that I can be using that can at least relieve the itchiness and the redness until I see my doctor.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi ellen

The sensation of itching is most often due to irritation of nerve fibers in the skin. If the irritation is more intense, it may cause a burning sensation. Many OTC meds may therefore not have much of an effect. For now, I'd suggest trying a topical product such as anthisan cream.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/04/26

Hi ellen

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist