Question
Posted by: Anita de Jager | 2010-10-02

Itching skin

I am very stiff 62 y and itching skin. Can dairy be the cause

Dear Anita
You have not provided me with much information. Do you start itching after you have had milk or dairy products? or why do you suspect that dairy products are causing the itchy skin? There are thousands of allergens in the environment which can occur in medications, supplements, foods, grasses, animal hairs, house mites, etc, etc. If you suspect that you may have an allergy to a yet unidentified allergen, then please see a Dermatologist and ask him/her to arrange to have you tested so that we can find out which allergen(s) you are allergic to. The stiffness could be due to arthritis - discuss this with the dr when you consult him/her because there are treatments for arthritis like anti-inflammatories which can make you feel better and more mobile. Once your are less stiff it is also a good idea to start doing gentle exercise like going for a walk to loosen up the joints and get the muscles working again.
Don't just cut out any food like dairy before you have a diagnosis. If you should be allergic to milk and/or dairy products then you need to take a calcium supplement like MenaCal.7 to provide the calcium you won't be getting from dairy any more.

2
Posted by: lukona | 2010-10-06

i have what they happen to call eczema. i have a child now she is allegic to dairy products so i gave her soya productsinstead. when she eats dairy products she gets eczema and her face gets red lines. could she have got the eczema from me and how long does it take for a child to out grow these allegies because now she is 3 1/2 years old?

Reply to lukona
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-10-03

Dear Anita