Question
Posted by: Mike | 2008/09/01

Itching - lice, crabs?

Hi doc.

About a month ago i started to have this itch in my groin area (pubic hair). its been a month now and upon close inspection i discovered these tiny brown spider like things. i' m very shocked and concerned now. is this crabs or lice or what? i remeber it just started when i went abroad and stayed in a hostel - maybe it was from the beds there?

What do you think it is? How do i find out for sure what it is and how do i get rid of it? Is it something serious?

As soon as i spotted them - yesterday i started wasthing with selsun shampoo i had.

Please help.

Dear Mike

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It definately sounds like crabs, which you could have picked up at the hostel. The only solution is to shave all your pubic hair. You can use something like Gambex shampoo but it will not get rid of the problem for good.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: MK | 2008/09/02

I think you are going to need something a bit stronger than Selsun Blue. You need a lice shampoo like Quellada - you can get it at pharmacies and it is not too expensive. You will see they say on the bottle it can be used for head lice as well as pubic lice.

Reply to MK