itching in rectum area

I have been experiencing itching in the anal surrounding area for quite some time now. When I visited my urologist he checked my prostrate and did an anal check but he told me that everything was okay. I thought that the itching in the anal sourrounding area could have been related to worms. We have 2 dogs and I am in contact with them regularly. I took worm tablets but the itching continues. Sometimes i use zambuk but this does not relieve the itching. Yhe itching usually happens during the night. What can I use to stop the itching?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Your symtoms may have multiple causes - These may include irritating chemicals in the foods we eat, yeast infection as a result of antibiotics, psoriasis, stubborn worm infections, hemorrhoids or anal fissures.
Try using using anusol ointment. If this does not help, an ointment with a local anesthetic such as anugesic may help.