Question
Posted by: Renee | 2011-11-08

itching cat

What can be causing constant itching and licking in my cat?
I''ve tried capstar and flea drops so I don''t think its that.

It''s happened once before and the vet gave him a shot which sorted it out from May to now.

Any thoughts?

Hi Renee

A cat can lick/scratch for a multitude of reasons. The problem is trying to identify what the underlying aetiology is.

Your cat may have a flea allergy dermatitis, dermatophytosis/dermatomycosis, hypersensitivity, dietary intolerances etc. It is important that you ask your vet to try and identify what the problem may be or at least to undertake some diagnostic tests (skin scraping, woods lamp etc) to rule out what it is not.

Kind regards
Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011-11-15

Hi Renee

Kind regards
Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet