Question
Posted by: 1083 | 2011/04/17

Itching &  HIV

Im HIV +ve and in a relationship with a -ve guy (he knows my ststus), recently we had protected sex once. Lately he''s been experiencing itching all over his body. Is this a symptom, have i passed on something to him, HIV or some latent condition. Plz help, Im so scared and he''s scared to go for the test.

1083

I suggest that he is tested for HIV and that you both have an STD profile done. It is possible that he is merely suffering from a general pruritis, which needs to be investigated, as there are a multitude of causes for this condition and even biliary obstruction should be excluded.